Left the Underground unscathed, excursions out
In New Navajo, iced bitter brew numbs tongue,
Tactics of survival and momentum hidden
Behind neon signs, Titanic and great
Goliath, shrinking city passage, drooling
Drunks and sinking strips, bumbling boozed fanatics
Speak as I-compressed chest drown in mega-
Metropolis, clubs carry dazing, striking
Sonics, stupor stupefy, another
Icy vodka, gin and perhaps rum, sun
Soon splashes heaps of daylight, back to work
9 to infinity- exodus of
Single entity; back to passive days
Waves of denizens flow past me, hats and suits,
Charged flavored smokes, cherry breathes pollinate
Silver tonic skies, lies broadcasting above.
Certain tonight's my curtain call, sure she'll
Sway nebulous rose bud spiral, helix
Acids pass her midnight lures: soon I follow.
Ghosted along cyber heated nights, swirls
Call and raging emerald tendrils pass
Her starry countenance, blooming dust born
Beasts exhale from her galactic breath, ice
Wisps bury our light year love:
I will return.
Chest ignited by tequila shot’s burden
Same bars with timeless friends, syrupy songs–
Cough plasma, confiscate plastic lean cups
Smuggle tonight's lie, bass takes my racing
Thoughts place– another shift, more time to kick,
Click on her monetized eyes, blue laced love
Afar, awkward and mediocre– sober
Me scrolls back down yellow brick road– vomit quick.
Plasma fills my lungs; particles buzz, rings
Disperse, sure to assassinate hollow hours, drops
Pitter patter in Pantanal expanse
My four walls and khaki door a wormhole;
My thick skull atoms and quarks; boiling honey
Suffocating soaring attitudes; wake
Up to corruption and cannibalistic
Cartels- oh well- let days end.. let days shatter…
GLASS covets my likeness; snaps of food, streets, and
Chunks of draining grey matter splattered
Across porcelain; morsels for unseen,
Wicked dwellers, needle peddlers, digital-
Freaks! split melting psyche, nightly treks for
Sanity sipped, killers slip, heat shines lead
Spilled; she tames golden links, July sun harps,
Gargoyles and.45s; goldeneye dame lurks…
Terrance oscillates stripped city soundscape,
Oft I look below- obnoxious blots smear
Fear of loneliness and isolation.
Distant voices fade as they surpass, last
Call, whiskey drops like asteroids engulfed
By Jupiter’s hazy ash tapestry;
Her words magnetic, voltaic aurorae;
Coarse sands splash, polluted walkways enclosed.
Balancing waves of moon-lifted liquors
Singing in the rain on street curbs, sweet words
Swaying neon injected cortexes.
Back to polar nexus, pass old-heads and
Lost gen; schizoid schism scathe bloodlines infused
With toxins and microchips; spitting plastics
Ingested, neural arches propelling
Liquid sugars; sons and daughters pacing
Searching for identity in dreary
Basement tropics; red, blue, friends old and new
Change topics; Satan spake ten figures, honest
Fools surpass drooling maggots of debt
Bathe in pools of false checks and degrading
Desert wars, youth stutter in neon chambers;
On tile floors and ricocheting against
Dry erase boards; madmen flicker, gas dispels
Asylum hallways, teach them your twisted
Fantasies, Mysterio mathematics
Caged and drugged, distant love oscillates, faith
Dwindles to pools of melted wax; rose petals
Slit innocence’s ruins, ills of today,
Cyclic Death; Notes From The Underground called
Cowboys slinging withered Kalashnikovs.
The rain was silent
amidst april’s misty lashes
1. "ice bitter brew"- I enjoy cold brew coffee- specifically Americanos.
2. "Behind neon signs"- 2. Anytime I'd go out at night off base near the strip there were always people drunk out of their mind, and continuously going in and out of bars.
3. "9 to infinity- exodus of/Single entity; back to passive days"- Party go to work, party go to work, etc...
If not partying then repeating a cycle of waking up, going to work and repeating the cycle all over again.
Pretty much days passing you by.
4. "Sway nebulous rose bud spiral, helix/ Acids pass her midnight lures"- There was an image from NASA of spiral galaxies that set off this description: Link to images- https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-s-webb-space-telescope-peers-behind-bars.
5. "Click on her monetized eyes, blue laced love" - Onlyfans culture has taken hold of a lot of men's lives. An addiction to pornographic material, all in the hopes of creating a deeply intimate parasocial romance.
6. "Pantanal"- 4. The world's largest tropical wetland area. Cities are jungles with a never-ending anxiety producing landscape.
In other words, just a quick metaphor.
7. "Up to corruption and cannibalistic/ Cartels"- 5. I came across a video breaking down the recruiting process of different Cartels in Mexico, and saw one that required its new members to eat people.
8. "GLASS"- GLASS is primarily another word for our smartphones, it is a direct reflection of us, it spits our image in whatever way we want it to.
This is also a simple Biblical reference of being "Made in the image of God".
9. "Chunks of draining grey matter splattered"- I've seen clips of people holding loaded weapons posing for their stories and streams, and killing themselves as a result of this.
In one clip you could see a teenage girl screaming and crying in the bathroom they were just dancing happily next to their now dead friend.
It is truly horrifying what you can find online.
10. "unseen"- I have always been fascinated by individuals in history who have chosen to stray from the popular ideas of their times, and create their own unique culture and beliefs; even though some of their beliefs may be strange at times.
Overtime I have also become interested in the stories of the homeless we pass on a regular basis, artists who've failed to make the cut, little bits of culture and art that has silently impacted each of us without us knowing the exact source.
The stories are not all true, but a hidden idea growing below us, in the underground is unbelievably interesting to me.
11. "golden links"- A quick allusion to Built 4 Cuban Linx by Raekwon and Ghostface Killah, produced by RZA, all members of the Wu-Tung Clan.
The album is made from the perspective of a Scarface, Godfather, Druglord Mafiaso, and adds to the theme of corrupted cities.
12. "Gargoyles and .45s"- A reference to the line in the first Doom: " gargoyle/Eyes scrutinize"; "my life's blood gone cold/Winds roar, snub nose melts sleet".
13. "By Jupiter’s hazy ash tapestry; /Her words magnetic, voltaic aurorae"- Another description inspired by NASAs page on Jupiter.
14. "Coarse sands splash"- Pollution flowing through the streets.
15. "Singing in the rain on street"- A dark twist on the happy and uplifting Singing in the Rain film from the 1950s classic of the same title.
16. "old-heads and/ Lost gen; schizoid schism"- I've noticed a major part of our modern age in the United States is the clash between the Older Generation and Newer Generation.
While this is not new by any means, it is far more apparent given the divide created by constantly evolving technologies and a rapid loosening of beliefs.
17. "Searching for identity in dreary"- Without in the last ten years or so a challenge to all sorts of identities has been made, the most apparent is our gender identities.
This comes in combination with a generation also struggling to maintain a decent work-life, due to the economic disasters that have brutally punished the up and coming youth. Creating adults living with their parents or planning to do so and being uncertain about their future.
18. "Mysterio"- A reference to Mysterio a marvel villain who is capable of distorting reality through illusions.
There is a continual distortion of reality that has been occurring in American society that has made its way to the people who will eventually lead this country: children; and we have shoved our problems and issues into their minds.
To me that is one of the most disgusting thing one can do. While there are complexities that all should eventually discover it should not come at the cost of the newest generations innocence. These issues can be talked about but it should be done so at a time where they can come to understand this issue at the abstract level they are being presented.
19. "mathematics"- A reference to Mos Def's Mathematics, a politically charged rap song on rap labels, the war on terror and many other issues of the early 2000s.
20. "Notes From The Underground" - A book by Fyodor Dostoevsky about a bitter and utopian minded man angry at the world. He does little to hold himself accountable for his actions and blames others for his misfortune.
21. "Cowboys slinging withered Kalashnikovs."- The author of Notes From The Underground is Russian, AKs are Russian guns- simple enough.