Bucket List (revised)
I have a bucket list that fills the loose leaf page front to back. I have added and subtracted many entries since I began the list 26 years ago.
1. See the Grand Canyon.
2. See the Taj Mahal (Scratched off the list because it’s gotten too dirty).
3. Go to the Super Bowl in Dallas.
4. See Paul McCartney in concert (big check mark; did it last year!)
5. Go on a Rhine River cruise.
And many more stupendous things...
Now that I am armed with some new knowledge, I have penned a new list altogether. It is to be completed in no particular order and many times over if possible.
1. Grill some hot dogs and burgers in my back yard while my girls bounce on the trampoline.
2. Fold the laundry with my wife while listening to Led Zeppelin.
3. Blow dry and brush my daughter’s hair as she reads an I Spy book.
4. Go on a road trip to Rochester with my best friend so we can eat a garbage plate at Nick Tahou’s.
5. Play a board game of Ticket to Ride on my dining room table with my family, my college buddy and his family.
6. Watch my daughter pile every topping on her frozen yogurt, including gummy bears (yuck) as we move through the line at the dessert shop.
7. Dangle my feet off the side of the hay ride wagon at the apple farm while munching ginger golds with my darlings.
8. Reading ‘Twas The Night before Christmas’ to my girls sitting on the couch next to me under the twinkling lights from the tree.
9. Watch a heady sci-fi film with my girls and explain the finer plot points when they ask.
10. Place my hand on my wife’s hip as she sleeps.
11. Watch a Yankee game with my dad over Skype.
12. Carrying the extra twenty-pound bag of Halloween candy while my daughter skips up the next driveway in her Disney princess costume (in the rain).
13. Watch my girls perform the ridiculous dance they choreographed the past 2 hours.
And then when I die, I will die a happy man.