let’s talk about books;)
so, i guess my favorite books would be
- the perks of being a wallflower (by stephen chbosky)
- looking for alaska (by john green)
- paper towns (also by the john green genius)
- all the bright places (by jennifer niven)
- eleanor & park (by rainbow rowell)
- the catcher in the rye (by j.d. salinger)
- alice in wonderland (by lewis carroll)
i would describe the first six of these as american coming of age kind of novels, that represent teenagers not one-sided but deeply complicated and contrary. they all somewhat concern mental health and deal with multiple questions about life, death, love, friendship, forgiveness, self-discovery and so on. i don’t know- i just really like youth books and although i might grow too old for them slowly but surely and although english isn’t my mother tongue at all, those books in their origanal language have inspired me more than any.
so, these are my recommendations to you. although i could imagine if you don’t like one or two of these you might not like the rest either, but everyone’s different..
(i’m sorry if the book discribtions you asked for is only one and really generalized, i just really didn’t feel like discribing each of these as i put seven)