Getting Motivated Again
I found this on the Facebook page "The Write Practice," and it motivated me to work on some projects I have been procrastinating on for a while:
"The secret to being a writer is that you have to write. It's not enough to think about writing or to study literature or plan a future life as an author. You really have to lock yourself away, alone, and get to work."
- Augusten Burroughs
Seize the Day!
Live in or be in this moment!
Dont live in your past, it’s already gone.
The future isn’t here yet.
Grab hold of right now because this is what you have to forge your life forward with so make the most of the moments you have Now!
I have made it a rule not to carry over the strife of yesterday into the next day. I do my best to make peace and begin the next morning as a clean slate.
"What's supposed to happen and what actually happens are two totally different things."
"I think we all just take turns being weird and ashamed of one another."
"If love never gives up, then why do we give up on love?"
"Normal is just a figment of our imagination."
(Quotes by me)
"Laziness creates more work."
"A place for everything and everything in its place."
These stuck with me because they were said around my house a lot when I was younger.
"Practice doesn't make perfect, Practice makes progress." (My sister's elementary school music teacher)
This one just struck me, even though I was only 6 or 7 when I heard it, my sister told me what her teacher said and it has stuck with me ever since.
SOME OF MY FAVE QUOTES!
First one is from a favorite movie of mine called 'All my life''
The character Jenn Carter said: The average person lives 27,375 days. That's all we get, if we're lucky. 27,375...
Second is by Edgar Allan Poe
1.Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
2. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
3. The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
4. I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind
5. Because it was my crime to have no one on Earth who cared for me, or loved me.
6. A feeling, for which I have no name, has taken possession of my soul.
7. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
8. Stupidity is a talent for misconception
9. It will be found, in fact, that the ingenious are always fanciful, and the truly imaginative never otherwise than analytic.
10. I need scarcely observe that a poem deserves its title only inasmuch as it excites, by elevating the soul. The value of the poem is in the ratio of this elevating excitement
Third is by chemical hearts (movie or book)
1. We were characters out of a movie. We were thoroughly alive. And we were absolutely beautiful.
2. Because I have never met anyone that I wanted in my life that way before.
I could make an exception for you.
3. Even the very best people found ways to hurt the ones they loved.
4. Why is it, I thought, that we're so willing to hurt the ones we care about the most?
5. We're all just chemical hearts. Does that make love any less brilliant? I don't think so.
The Power of Touch
"Never underestimate the power of touch."
This is my own slice of wisdom that I always share with my physical therapy students. However, this can apply to most anybody.
Why do we like getting our hair cut? Because they touch your head.
What is the best part of getting a manicure? The hand massage.
How do you get a bigger tip as a bartender? Graze their hand with yours as you exchange the money.
Society no longer condones touching other people. But people will always crave it and be comforted by it. When you are in a profession where it is essential to the delivery of the service, you are granted a gift. Not only can you touch their skin, but you can touch their heart and sometimes even their soul. This is such a wonderful honor!
Of course, misusing touch will tilt power in other obvious ways. So behind every touch there must be careful reflection and contemplation. Use it judiciously and you can make a genuine, lasting impact on others.