I will set fire to your house.
-- this is the general theme of the prompt, none of the actual words need to be included but there should be a certain passion exuded. Bonus points if you can include someone with sociopathic tendencies.
style is wry and dry.
Flippant humour is encouraged.
here are a few ideas
1) ransom letter. make the writing style absurd or archaic. make the demands preposterous. tell us why you are doing what ever you are threatning to do...
2) ask the most ridiculous questions that you could come up with.
3) explain the 'true' meaning of a famous song.
4) pit.yourself aganist yourself; write a piece, where you prove and support something you truly don't agree with.
5) write a recipe , where some ingredisnts are from different forms of art ( literature, music, plastic arts) .
6) complain bitterly on something that most people would love to have
7) two rats fell into a vat of cream. one drowned , the other survived by floating on the butter the first rat churned. write a dialogue of how it went down.
8) describe in great enthusiasm a very mundane moment (let's say, waiting for the copt machine to warm up).
9) write about your normal day as an odessey.
Three Writing Prompts
I found these three writing prompts on Pinterest and was always curious on how they would end.
1. A trickle of blood dripped down my cheek. He'd regret the day he made me bleed.
2. "You're an assassin?!" "We've been friends for literally two days. Why are you so shocked?" "I just thought I'd get a normal friend for once." "What do you mean for once?"
3. It's 3 A.M. An official phone alert wakes you up. It says, "DO NOT LOOK AT THE MOON". You have hundreds of notifications. Hundreds of random numbers are sending, "It's a beautiful night tonight. Look outside."
Don't know why the third one creeped me out so much. Anyways hope you get a chance to do them, I am curious on how they will turn out. :)